Friday, November 29, 2013

It's a...

It's been an exciting few weeks!  On November 26 we had our 20 week scan. Baby Clarke is doing well and measuring right on schedule. We asked the sonographer to verify the gender but instead of telling us we had her write it on a card. (Baby C wasn't fully cooperating but she said she was "70% sure she saw what she needed to see"....we figured that's good enough!). 

The following day (my birthday!) Jay and I gathered my mom (with Joe on the phone), dad, Kayte, Tommy, Luke and Adam on Skype, and Jay's dad and step-mom on the phone and we all opened it together.

And....




There were shouts of excitement from my mom and sister, tears of joy from me, and a complete look of shock (followed by awe then excitement) from Jay - with his family history he was so sure it was a boy!

So we are 70% sure that this little nugget is a baby girl...


We have a 28 week scan scheduled for the end of January so we'll hopefully be able to confirm for absolute certain then!

The following day, Thanksgiving, Kayte skyped me into Nana's just before dinner and I was able to share the news with Nana as well as many of my darling aunts, uncles and cousins.  There were lots more screams and a few more happy tears. It was so lovely to get to share that moment with so many loved ones!

In the last couple weeks I finally started to feel the baby moving. And now that it's started, it seems to never stop - she doesn't like to stay still very long!  Jay has even been able to feel a kick or two! 

The bump has also begun to grow. Here is a photo from December 1 (21 weeks)...


It's actually grown quite a bit bigger over the last 10 days (I've gained 16 pounds since becoming pregnant!) so I'll be sure to post a few more pics soon!




1 comment: