Sunday, February 16, 2014

Long overdue update...

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated!  I had planned an update after Christmas but between going back to work, getting ready for Jay to move to Gibraltar, finishing work and getting ready for my move, the time has just flown by!!  Not to mention how tired I've been feeling!


We've had a great couple of months.  We went back to America for 3 weeks over Christmas and were able to see a lot of family.  My mom and sister threw me an absolutely fantastic baby shower - it was so wonderful to see so many friends and family and we felt so lucky to be given so many gorgeous gifts.

And of course it was awesome getting to spend Christmas with my family.  We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Haverhill with the family, and then on the 26th we headed down to Philadelphia (spending a night at Foxwood en route of course - I treated myself to a mother-to-be massage in the Spa and it was divine!).  Then spent nearly a week with Kayte, Tom and the boys in Philly which was so lovely - a bit crowded with 8 of us in the house of course, but that was half the fun!    Unfortunately, all my Christmas pictures are on the phone I use in America which is on its way to Gibraltar!  I will try to add a few more in my next post.

Since returning to England I have been super busy at work, and the exhaustion of pregnancy has definitely started to catch back up with me.  My bump also began to grow quite a bit!  We had an appointment with the midwife at 26 weeks and I was measuring right on track at 26cm.  We then had a growth scan at 28 weeks, and we're happy to report that Baby C is growing well and measuring right on schedule.  In fact, our measurements were apparently in the 50th percentile.  I had my last midwife appointment in England last week, at 31 weeks 5 days, and am still measuring right on pace at 31cm.  Baby C has also already made her way into a head-down position, so here's hoping she stays that way!  

Baby C likes to move - a lot!  According to the doctor, my placenta is way at the back, so there is no buffer at all between bump and baby, meaning I feel (and often see!) every movement.  It's a really wonderful and exciting feeling, and at the same time totally bizarre.  Quite amusing to be sitting in class or a meeting and have it look like I'm belly dancing!  The only real annoyance so far is that in the past couple weeks she has started to get what I imagine to be a foot up into my right ribs, which is rather uncomfortable.  Thankfully she doesn't often kick too hard, but she does apply rather constant pressure at times and it has been causing quite a few aches! According to my mom, I did the same to her so I suppose this is a little bit of pay back, haha.

This past Friday was my last day at work - I'm now officially on maternity leave!  You're allowed to start maternity leave up to 11 weeks before your due date in England and I've made it to half term (our February vacation) with only 8 weeks left to go.  So with the move to another country needing to happen, and Jay having left to start work 3 weeks ago, this seemed like a good time to head off. I honestly can't believe it - it came so quickly!  I'm definitely ready to take some time off from this manic schedule and get some solid sleep while I can.  I'm also more than ready to move into our new house so I can see Jay and start focusing on preparing for Baby C's arrival!  But I'll definitely miss all of the people here at Marlborough.  I have made some truly wonderful friends here and it has been hard saying good-bye!  I'm looking forward to having lots of visitors in Gibraltar though!!

I fly out to Gibraltar (and Jay!) early Tuesday morning - only two more wake ups!!  I promise to update very soon (really this time!!) with pictures of the new house.

Bump Update - December 1st vs. February 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment