Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas and 41 Weeks

We've been keeping very busy in the days since my due date.  The biggest news of course being Christmas!  Ceci didn't show much interest in or comprehension of Christmas in the past few weeks so Jay and I had limited expectations of how Christmas morning would go, but Ceci was hilarious!  She loved her presents and really enjoyed opening and playing with them.  It was such a lovely morning.  Then in the afternoon our lovely neighbors had us over for a Christmas playdate and dinner!  Ceci had a blast and so did we :)







Christmas Morning Shenanigans

The day after Christmas my mom, Uncle Tom and Aunt Jane arrived from America!  It is such a relief to have them here and know that if/when I go into labor there is family in the house to look after Ceci.  Of course, that still hasn't happened.  As of today, I'm 11 days past my due date!  I'm feeling huge and very uncomfortable - my back pain, nausea and fatigue have not subsided at all so it's been a long few weeks.  Having my mom here has been incredible though - such a wonderful break for me and Jamie...I just can't thank her enough for coming here and helping!!

  

I have an induction set for tomorrow so "baby sister" will definitely be with us before the end of this weekend (induction is done much more slowly here and can last up to 3 days!).  My mom and co leave on Sunday afternoon so fingers crossed that this induction is as quick as Ceci's and we'll have her here by tomorrow evening so everyone can get a bit of time in with her before they have to go!

All labor inducing/speeding thoughts, vibes and prayers are more than welcome!  Hopefully I'll be updating soon to introduce you to officially to "baby sister"!!


No comments:

Post a Comment