Monday, July 28, 2014

Super Dad

Jamie is such an amazing Dad.

He tries so hard to do whatever he can to keep me and Cecilia happy. Whether it's doing all the cooking, cleaning and laundry; or attempting to wear slings and wraps to get Ceci to nap so I can shower; or surprising me with a bubble bath just because.  He'll try anything to help and is always looking for ways to make my life easier. And he puts up with my crazy so well.  He stays calm and kind when I'm cranky and overtired.  He's caring and supportive when I burst into tears from feeling overwhelmed or when I lose my confidence.  And he still makes me feel beautiful even when I haven't showered in days and am covered in baby spit-up.  I'm so very lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

 


And boy does he love Ceci. I absolutely adore watching them play together. And spying on their special Daddy-Daughter time during and after her bath (while I gratefully get ready for bed). He's so patient with her when he feeds her a bottle of breast milk each evening.  And he beams with pride whenever she learns a new trick.  My heart melts when I overhear him singing to her, often changing the lyrics to "Cecilia" to fit the situation (my favorite is "Oh Cecilia, I'm down on my knees, begging you please go to sleep...go to sleep"). She's so very lucky to have such an amazing Daddy.

Bath Time with Daddy

Story Time with Daddy before bed



No comments:

Post a Comment