Saturday, May 10, 2014

Two Weeks Old

I've been meaning to write this post for ages - it was going to be a one week post, then a two week post, but here we are at 18 days and I'm only just getting around to it!  My apologies for the delay - it's been a combination of having visitors, nesting with my darling Cecilia, and recovering.  But better late than never, right?

I only have a small window of time before Ceci wakes up again, so I'm going to share the past couple weeks in pictures!


My parents left on Friday and on Saturday Jay's dad and step-mom came for the weekend.


On Saturday, I was finally well enough to leave the hospital.  It was sad to say good-bye to our little home away from home but we were definitely ready to be together as a family full time (and I was definitely ready to sleep in my own room!).  Here's some shots of the room we spent 5 days in:

Our little area - we shared the room with another couple who were so lovely!
Ceci's cot next to the window - she loved looking out at the light.
The view from my bed - not too shabby.
Ceci wasn't so sure about her car seat or the car ride home, but we all made it home in one piece!



A few days later, Kayte arrived!  We had such a great time with her - it was so nice to have our own resident expert who had recently been through this whole process to give us encouragement and advice. And of course Ceci loved hanging out with her Aunt Kayte!

  

Having Kayte with us even gave us the confidence to take some excursions!  We went out to lunch twice (including some delicious sushi I'd been waiting nearly a year for!), got drinks in town, went to church and even checked out the MOD pool!  Here's some of our adventures:

Having a drink on a patio in town.
Lounging in her stroller at the pool
Jay was given two weeks paternity leave which was amazing.  We've really enjoyed having time at home with our little princess.  When Ceci was two weeks old, Kayte left and Jay went back to work which was quite sad for me, but I've really enjoyed having the time with Ceci.  I'm still recovering so I have to take it easy - simple tasks like taking a shower, doing a load of laundry or making lunch can leave me a little light headed, especially now that I'm on my own all day.  Every day is usually a little better so long as I don't over exert myself too much.  So Ceci and I spend a lot of our time hanging out together on the couch:


Time has really flown - it definitely doesn't feel like we've had Ceci home for two weeks!  She's such a good baby (knock on wood!) - eating like a champ and sleeping relatively well (we had our first 4 hour sleep last night - it was very exciting).  We simply adore her! 

We also really can't believe how fast our little girl has grown.  She was 8lbs 7oz when she was born, then dropped down to 8lbs 1oz at 3 days old.  At 5 days old she was 8lbs 8oz, at 1 week she was 8lbs 11oz and at two weeks she was 9lbs 2 oz!  For comparison, here's her 1 week and 2 week photos:



        

And just for fun, here are some outtakes from these photo shoots:




Hopefully I'll be able to update some more soon - including the story of Ceci's name!

No comments:

Post a Comment