Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bonjour from France!

So I wrote a monster blog over several hours yesterday all about the first week of our trip and then my stupid iPad deleted half of it. So, while I get over my frustration, and in the interest of getting something posted,  here's a few tidbits from our trip...

Things I've Learned About/In France
1. Everyone smokes everywhere. I literally don't think I've seen a "no smoking" sign at any point.
2. Several times we have seen a whole section of a rest area convenience store dedicated to champagne. Only in France.
3. Most of the beaches down here in the south are pebble beaches. And by pebble, they mean pretty large stones. I'm not really a fan.
4. The tolls in France are ridiculously expensive. Like...wow.
5. Even cheap French wine is delicious.
6. In restaurants, it is often cheaper to order a glass of wine than a soda. This is how we have been saving money for tolls, haha.
7. The only French I remember is from 6th and 7th grade. Remarkably, it's gotten me pretty far. Thank you Sister Florence.


Hello from Cassis!!


Ok, that's all for now. Hopefully within a day or two I will get over my intense annoyance with my iPad and re-finish my first blog post. Until then au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment