Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Settling In...




Hello! I know I have been quite absent these past few months, but that's because Jay & I were living apart, he in our new home in the UK and I in DC and MA gearing up for our wedding. So we didn't really have any adventures together so to speak. But, that's all changed now because we finally had our wedding and I have officially moved to the UK - so hopefully there will be lots of adventures to come and I promise to keep the blog updated much more frequently!

This post, however, is going to be a collection of adventures, to make up for my absence. First of course, was a wonderful wedding. The day was absolutely perfect and we had a glorious time with our friends and family, and of course, each other. The very next morning it was off to the airport and to London via DC (very fitting, don't you think?). A couple of nights unwinding and sleeping in our new home and we were off again, this time on our honeymoon to Paphos, Cyprus! We had an absolutely wonderful time. Cyprus is gorgeous and the weather was lovely (though quite hot!). We had a room with a balcony and breath-taking view of the sea. Here's two shots from our balcony of the sunset on our first evening:


We spent our days lounging on chairs by the sea, opting for seats in umbrella shade on the grass, reading, drinking and taking the occasional dip in the sea.

It was absolutely perfect - just what we needed!!

Now that we're back, we've just been settling into our new house. There was a very large trip to IKEA for a dining table, chairs, bed, mattress, desk and a few other odds and ends. We've got that all put together and are finally rid of all of the army furniture. We've also gotten ourselves a BBQ, two hammocks, a small herb garden for our patio and a few plants for the front of the house. If they're still alive in a few weeks I'll post some pics :)

I've also driven a few times (we've put fun little red L magnets on the front and back of the car to let everyone know I'm a "learner" - usually these are only used for kids with their permits, but we figure this way other drivers will know that I don't know what I'm doing and will give me some extra space!). It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be - I've even made my way around a few round-a-bouts!

That's all for now. This weekend is a "bank holiday" weekend (aka long weekend) and we're planning a camping trip to a few vineyards and Wales. I'll definitely post about it when we return!


No comments:

Post a Comment